In two weeks’ time, some of the best and most accomplished cyclists from around the world will take part in the Dubai Tour 2018. All five stages of the professional race will start from Skydive Dubai’s premium location, the Palm DZ.
All the action will take place from February 6-10. The fifth edition of the sprinted stage race will feature a total of 16 professional teams, each comprising seven riders.
Skydiving operations at the Palm DZ will continue as usual, however, our entrance at King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud St and part of Al Seyahi St, will be closed for approximately an hour each morning for each stage to get underway.
Here’s a breakdown of the planned road closures at the Palm DZ:
February 6, Stage 1… starting at 11 am
February 7, Stage 2… at 10:15 am
February 8, Stage 3… at 10:50 am
February 9, Stage 4… at 10:30 am
February 10, Stage 5… at 11:50 am
All times given are from the Dubai Tour race officials and could change on the date.
The first stage, the Nakheel Stage, is scheduled to start at 11:30am and the competitors will make their way down to Al Qudra Cycling track and Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Sports Complex, before turning back to the Jumeirah Islands and ending on the Palm Jumeirah. Road closure at the Palm DZ will start at 11 am.
Clocking in a whopping 190km, the second Ras Al Khaimah Stage will begin at 10:45 am and will run through Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain before finishing on the Corniche in RAK. Road closure for that day will start at 10:15 am.
The Dubai Silicon Oasis Stage will start at 11:20 am and take racers all the way across to Fujairah. Road closure for the third stage will start at 10:50 am.
For the fourth leg, the Westin Stage, racers will make their way back to Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah before ending in Hatta. The 11 am start means road closure will begin at 10:30 am.
The fifth and final Meraas Stage will get underway at 12:20 pm and take racers past Meydan Race Course, Mushrif Park and Dubai Museum before finishing at City Walk. Road closure starts at 11:50 am on that day.
A series of roads will also be closed within the emirate to make way for the riders, so please plan your journey accordingly.
Residents and tourists are invited to come down to the Palm DZ (next to the open gym area) to cheer on the cyclists as they embark on each grueling stage. Visitors can expect a festival-like ambience with food trucks, a kids’ play area, a retail and a heritage village.
Please be advised, there will be plenty of international media attention around the event including television cameras and press / wire photographers on site.
All Skydive Dubai operation updates will be shared on a dedicated Facebook event page.
Media and others seeking more information about the competition should contact Dubai Tour directly.
- About Skydive Dubai
Skydive Dubai is an adventure sports brand known for its extraordinary and innovative pursuit of excellence in aerial sports and has developed two of the foremost skydiving locations worldwide.
Skydive Dubai has been featured in the New York Times, Condé Nast Traveler, the Daily Mail, CNN and has been at the forefront of excellence in the sport of skydiving for a number of years. From First Jump Courses (FJC) where beginners learn to skydive solo, to world-class events, VIP packages, stunts, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, Skydive Dubai has something for everyone!
– Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award in the category of the best national sports in 2015.
– TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2015 to 2017
- Guinness World Records
– Skydive Dubai and Balloon Adventures UAE broke two official Guinness World Records in 2013 by dropping the most skydivers from a hot air balloon in one flight (40 skydivers) and simultaneously releasing the most skydivers at one time (25 skydivers). Watch now at http://youtu.be/BnvOygC2ayo
– Skydive Dubai sponsored Soul Flyers World Champions Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen break a new Guinness World Record in 2014 by BASE jumping from above the pinnacle of the World’s Tallest Building. Watch now at http://youtu.be/iD4qsWnjsNU
– Skydive Dubai athlete Ernesto Gainza, with landing the world’s smallest parachute, a JVX 35 sq. foot canopy, entered Skydive Dubai into the Guinness World Record in 2014. Watch now at http://youtu.be/8gV7QO1ZKzI
- Official Skydive Dubai Social Media
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/skydivedubai
– Desert Campus DZ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkydiveDubaiDesertCampus/
– Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/skydivedubai
– Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skydivedubai
– YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/skydivedubaivideo
– LinkedIn channel: http://www.linkedin.com/company/skydive-dubai
– Snapchat: http://www.snapchat.com/add/skydivedubai (skydivedubai)